Determine your eligibility
Eligible participants are
- Over the age of 18
- Proposing a new company, expansion of an existing company less than 3 years in operation, or buying a business
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and resident of Ontario
- Not a student and not returning to school.
- Not enrolled in any government employment or self-employment related program that include or do not include financial assistance.
- Able to commit to the training schedule and regular meetings over a minimum 3–4-month period. (Group session schedule to be supplied in fall)
- Prepared to commit a minimum average of 35 hours a week running the business.
- Able to match the funds being requested, of which, at least 50% must be cash. The balance can be in-kind assets.
- Have not received the Starter Company Plus grant or participated in another government sponsored entrepreneurial training program in the last 12 months.
- Business must operate within Middlesex County.
- New businesses must be able to launch and generate sales within 60 days of receiving first disbursement.
Ineligible businesses include
- Non-profit or charity
- Pay-per-click business
- Commissioned sales
- Multi-level marketing
- Single events
- Part-time/seasonal business
Use of Funds
Training and coaching support
Participants will benefit from training and mentoring roundtables with other participants and will meet one-on-one with a business advisor as needed, to ensure the business is progressing and to offer guidance. Participation in the group sessions is mandatory. These sessions will be 2 hours long and will occur approximately every 2 weeks from early December 2023 to March 2024
Individual meetings will be scheduled as needed at mutually agreed times.